The Texas Principal Residency Program (TxPRP) provides a system of targeted support for novice principals who have less than two years of experience.
TxCEE designed the Texas Principal Residency Program (TxPRP) as a part of a district-wide leadership pipeline that is built on replicable, research-based practices and standards for educational leaders. Through this program, novice principals (Residents) who have less than two years of experience are provided with authentic learning experiences and individualized support by an experienced Attending Principal who has a demonstrated ability to grow leaders.
Residents will engage in at least ten one-on-one coaching and mentoring sessions with an Attending Principal on their home campus, as well as participate in virtual learning communities throughout the year.
How TxCEE Can Help:
- Conduct an inventory to identify appropriate operations, systems, and resources necessary to achieve a shared vision
- Engage stakeholders to develop instructional leadership competencies to support a culture of rigor for all students
- Provide onsite and virtual support to novice principals to create a positive campus culture and ensure effective communication with all stakeholders
- Examine ways to best maximize educator and community partnerships to improve student success
- Create customized resources for recruiting, retaining, and supporting effective principal supervisors and Attending Principals to become effective coaches
- Evaluate strategies for supporting novice principals, principal supervisors, and Attending Principals, as well as determine opportunities for continuous improvement